Thursday, October 9, 2008

Social Butterfly

Currently feeling: tired
Currently going: to a Homecoming bonfire
Wearing: pink

My life feels like a movie right now.

Life seems so fragile and magnified in this William Jewell bubble. Everyone knows everyone. You can't ignore any problem here; it's always brought to the surface. Because it's such a small school, relationships are everything. And high-maintenence might I add.

I just don't know how to handle people sometimes. I feel like this week I have lacked a patience that is required for my current circumstances. I find different relationships thriving week to week. It's a roller coaster, and I get off wind-blown. It's too much sometimes.

What makes relationships so unique is the vulnerability one feels in exposing one's heart to an other. Fear of rejection. Judgement. Sometimes it's like that....luckily there are times it's not. But tonight I feel like I am dealing with some of the former. I need to heal---in more ways than one.

Right now is a moment where I am completely indifferent. I don't know what I want to do...listen to.....who I want to be around.......

I am socially: worn-out.

This too shall pass.

No comments: