Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh baby baby

Currently feeling: Endorphins at work
Currently eating: a lot
Current obsession: today's Fall weather
Current thought: life after college
4 Days in Blue Springs: 2 Starbucks nights, 3 Wal-mart trips, a haircut, a shot in my arm, and the return of the coffee addiction

I just got back from a nice stroll around the block. I feel good. I feel refreshed. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I move back to reality tomorrow. Once I hit that campus a flood of thoughts and responsibilities will be waiting to greet me. I will enjoy this while I can.

So I have been thinking about what I want to do after college. It's been a very non-stressful thought which is surprising. I am excited to think about it. I will be excited to move on as well. At the moment I would enjoy moving to a part of the United States with a large Hispanic population and begin work with immigration-related issues. I would love to native English-speakers about the Hispanic culture...the language...the issues; building a bridge between the two.

Along with that, I have had a sudden desire for the married life with red-headed children (wouldn't that be splendid?). It's not that I have never wanted to find an amazing man to start a new life with....it's just that the desire has increased and reality shows that I am of age.....the door is wide open. And kids....oh baby, soccer mom here I come......

I had a dream last night that I had a baby. Maybe that's why I am thinking about it today. Although I am convinced it was the extreme pain of my ovaries screaming at me last night that caused this dream. Maybe the pain was close to labor. I wouldn't doubt it.

Cheers to you soccer mom.

No comments: