Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Beautiful Surrender

Currently Listening: Jason Upton
Currently Reading: The Shack, Colossians
Currently Eating: Gluten-Free Food
Currently Feeling: Loved

If anything, this summer has stripped all pride away from my identity. I have been humbled: by people, by circumstance, by God showing Himself faithful despite my doubt. And for this I am so thankful. There is nothing left of me. I have nothing to prove to you. I am not stupid enough to continue being something I am not. I am stripped and broken; naked and cleaned. Right before God.

It's beautiful.

Surrender has loosened my chains.

Love has brought warmth and light.

Peace has calmed my storm.

And "in him all things hold together" (Colossians 1:17).

I am seeking hard after that truth. My heart is running forward with wreckless abandon. My past has no grip on me. My future needs no worry to be complete. I live and breathe in His consuming passion...to grap hold of the prize. To finish the race.

And run it to win it.

2 comments:

Molly said...

i love you. so freaking much. i'm going to blog about you. i think.

Sarah said...

I'm so excited to see you and live down the hall from you (AGAINx3) and be able to talk about God humbling you. Because I think we will have lots to relate with each other.

LOVE.