Sunday, July 12, 2009

A joyful expression

Currently.....

I was reminded today that even as the past events in my life have been guided and ordered by the Lord, so are the very moments that I am breathing now and the paths of the unknown future. To see the decision I made to follow the Lord at L-Bar-C camp in 7th grade turn into this beautiful portrait of defeat and victory, sickness and healing, sadness and joy, being lost and found, has made be reassured and thankful for the past 8 years of running this race. I have become more and more confident that this is where my strength, my identity, comes from. I had a moment today at church: I sat, meditating about Christ before communion, and was overcome by this great joy...the kind that is described as the "joy of our salvation." It hasn't shown up in a while. But I think I was reminded about that joy today. My selfishness and brokenness many times leaves me somber and paralyzed in guilt. But today, I rediscovered joy; the celebration that comes with knowing Christ. It was similar to the encounters with God that I experienced as a new believer, all giddy-hearted, young, and eager. May I never lose my childlike faith. May my heart ever burn for You and You alone, My God.

Wow, my heart is full. So then, I will leave you with just that. My random and meandering thoughts will take a back burner, showing up here another day and time, so come back.

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done." Psalm 105:1

1 comment:

meg said...

YESSS! This makes my heart come alive. How precious. Can't wait to see the Lord extend His favor :)