Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another midnight post.

Currently smacking on: peanut butter by the spoonful. Grocery shopping tomorrow.
Currently digesting: way too much coffee
Currently reading: The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
Current action besides blogging: Facebook catching up

Good early morning to you. I tend to take advantage of early hours because it's when I can find my thoughts honest and clear enough to articulate them to you.

I have been thinking about the future a lot lately; about what I want; where I want to go, and also; what's important to me. All that to say, I really don't know any cool answers to any of those. But I have become at peace with some things, clear about some others, and excited about some job hopefuls. I finally found a job description that explains what I want to do. I realize I just said that and you want to know what that is, but I don't feel like explaining it right now. Not my point. Ask later.

There are just a lot of choices at my disposal right now. About who I want to be and what I want to do. Where I want to invest my time and in whom I want to invest in. I am having to seek God with a little extra effort, but like promised, finding Him....in some of the most unexpected things and people. He knows exactly what I need. And He can provide that for me.

I realize that in front of me lies a leap of faith, into destination unknown. I am soon going to leave a lot of people I love and situations and ideas I deem comfortable. And I guess that's just the way it is...the way it's going to be.

Now I am going to get up, brush my teeth, and dream.

'Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That book dug deep into my soul and penetrated my heart with the gospel. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

BTW: That was me. Anna.

meg said...

i love you liz! Can't wait for a date oh-so-soon.