Saturday, July 25, 2009

Don't go to Chipotle for the leftovers

Currently picking: cilantro out of my teeth
Recently discovered musician: Andrew Bird
Current mood: hopeful

Although Chipotle can do nothing to lose its place as my favorite place to eat, I took a second try at eating it on the second day today. Even if you cover the chips in a steel box, they still get chewy and stale-like. The rice gets dry and even though everyone warns me, lettuce, sour cream, and cheese aren't good warmed up in that thing. It took me a few times to figure this out. But I think I did.

Alright, Starbucks customers, listen to me. I don't post too much about the ways of Starbucks in my posts simply because blog posts always find a way to backfire in some way. But I can say this: do not talk on your cell phone when going through the drive thru. 90% of the drive thru customers rave on their cell phones will giving me the "oh hi, give me my triple decaf 3 pump no foam soy skinny vanilla latte, but please don't interupt my phone call which I am probably faking anyway to look cool as I buy my beverage at Starbucks." It only makes my job more stressful than it already is. Americans can seem to turn off the radio, put down their cell phone, or look another human being in the eye.

I have finally come to terms with my summer, 2 months into it that is. Things have finally sunk in, I have finally begun to enjoy things, and oh wait, summer is now almost over. Isn't that the way it is though? Just when you start to get used to a new season in your life, it's over before you know it. A wise woman in my life instructed me once in saying: The only thing that doesn't change is the fact that things are always changing. This is true, oh so true.

I really like Kansas City. I really like my friends in Kansas City. I really like my church in Kansas City. I've figured that much out. Perhaps this will affect my future in a very specific way. Perhaps.

So long, blog friend. And happy Saturday.

No comments: